Wednesday, September 13, 2006

Nearly Get Killed

A typical situation in Malaysia's major highway is that you are able to see so many trucks on the move, carrying containers, goods, woods, and any kind of transportable items you can imagine.

Another typical situation is the presence of unwanted objects on the road, obstacles I would call them that might hinder the smoothness of your driving experience. These are usually paper boxes, stones, relatively small objects.

Today, I learnt another lesson of why you shouldn't drive behind a large truck. Besides the risk of stones dropping on your windscreen from these vehicles, they also prohibit you from seeing what's up in front on the road.

Driving at the speed of 90-100 kilometers per hour, behind a truck (as you might guessed), I caught by surprise by a metal rod rolling towards my car, which I only saw after that bloody truck driver avoid it at last minute. Roughly 1.5 meter long, 30 cm diameter with some funny sting on it. On the left lane is another truck, while on the right lane is a Toyota Altis moved at the speed of 110kmph. I got no choice but to roll over that "thing". The car movement direction skewed nearly 70 degrees. What a stunt you might think, my life is indeed on the stake.

No life casualty due the impact, however my passenger's left wheel is rendered useless and the alloy rim slightly bended.

The morale of the story is that do not drives near any trucks in whatsoever direction; they are killing machine, although they failed to kill today. And beware of funny looking metal rod.

No comments: