Friday, October 19, 2007

Home Appliances Hassles - Part 6

Malaysia - Chapter of "Belkin, anyone?"

My 2 years old BenQ FP71G did it again and it happened in front of my own eyes. No sound, no warning, just a direct flashing into the white screen of death. O well, at least better than previous malfunction where the screen is totally black out. Luckily the unit got a 3 years warranty that will expires next year August. What to do, got no spare money to get of those 32"in LCD TV as computer monitor, I gotta send it for repair.

I decided to get some "protection" for my new electronic appliances since I pretty sure that their lifespan will definitely cut short by frequent voltage surges in the residential area (or perhaps any area) if I opted not to do anything about it.

2 brands imprinted in my head when hunting for such utilities, namely Belkin and APC. I chose Belkin over APC because it got a lifetime warranty on their protectors and insurance on connected devices up to predetermined monetary amount.

Most computer shops in Plaza Lowyat, KL doesn't offer much variety of Belkin protectors series. ALL IT Hypermart looks like a good place to shop, even though they are selling their commodities at a more pricey tag.

At the end, I bought the following Belkin stuffs:

2 unit of Belkin MasterCube Surge Protector, Home Series (Insured amount: RM5K)
- For fridge and washing machine
1 unit of Belkin SurgeMaster Surge Protector, Gold Series (Insured amount: RM25K)
- For computer and things
1 unit of Belkin SurgeMaster Surge Protector, Superior Series (Insured amount: RM10K)
- For TV, AV sets.

Spent: Around RM600.
In return: A hope for peace of mind

No comments: