Tuesday, December 30, 2008

KLSE Bursa Trade - A Bug?

Can you notice an anomaly in this screen shot? Of course you do, partly because I already highlighted the row that I believe contains the suspicious issue.



I've cracked over my head and can't seem to find a valid reason of why the Sell 1 lot at "-" price. Look at the screens below for more close up.






Is it Maybank2U Trading platform problem or the Bursa Trade data matching and broadcast problem? Don't ask me, I'm not the one who designed the system.

Let assume the worst case scenario that this is "one of" the Bursa Trade bugs that pertains to data integrity issue, transaction concurrency problem or synchronization mystery, can someone actually take advantage of it? Can I synthetically enter a Buy transaction at price "-" so that I virtually obtained the Sell lots for FREE? Again, maybe I'm just fantasizing in my own world, effects from watching too many movies like Sword Fish. LOL

Fella in Bursa Trade, wake up!

Updated: 2:15PM. Another similar "problem". This time is 1000 lots Buy at "-" price for GPACKET.



Note: By the way, FYI, the "problem" occured during the Pre-Open/Close session at noon.

Note 2: I already sent an email to notify the BursaTrade team at BursaTrade@bursamalaysia.com. Hopefully will get a quick reply from them. Update: Nothing so far from them. I guess them have no time to entertain non critical bug investigation request like this. LOL






Top Blogs

1 comment:

boonchunt said...

I've a reason to believe that "-" means buying/selling at whatever price being offered.