Wednesday, August 30, 2006

Kingston Data Traveler II - Round 2

As far as I recalled, I tried to copy some hundreds of varying size files into the new Kingston Data Traveler II flash drive which I bought last week. Well, somehow the drive got strewed and it is permanently write protected. I can't create, rename or delete anything, besides reading out those files previously copied into the drive. After exhaustive googling and experiment with some low level disk formatting tools like killdisk, I gave up and sent an email to Kingston technical support regards this issue. They replied within 24 hours and recommended that I get a new replacement from one of their authorized distributor in Malaysia. Ok, the suggestion sounds logical and reasonable, but I prefer to get back to the shop where I bought it. That's it, finally I got a new drive from them and hopefully nothing will go wrong with this new born.

No comments: