Saturday, August 19, 2006

Procrastinating usual productivity and knowledge discovery.

Virtually everyone I know, at certain period of time, suffers from the effect of procrastination. I, a mortal who tagged with the "nerd" label can’t really escapable from this universal law of human behavior.

So, that's it. Put aside all my reference e-book, paper books, and journal papers and shut down my Microsoft Outlook forcefully. I'm going to focus on one particular objective: To be extremely unproductive..... for a short moment.

My counter-productive measures include the following:

Walked mindlessly within house parameter - 10 minutes
Sat on massage chair and relax - 15 minutes
Took a nap on sofa chair - 20 minutes
Ate dinner (Without newspaper and reading materials around) - 15 minutes
Tried to speak to my dogs and failed - 20 minutes
And other similar activities - 1 hour.

It's kinda difficult for me to prolong my planned procrastination period. Felt so eager to sit down to my precious workstation and start to type something. Envy those slackers that are able to survive without using their brain for long period. Bravo, slackers.

Back to work.

No comments: