Tuesday, January 06, 2009

McDonald's Prosperity Burger. Double Up? My Feet

I give no comments on the taste, textures or whatever craps review about McDonald's Prosperity Burger launched in Malaysia almost every year when the time is around Chinese New Year. I'm not stupid enough to see somebody jack up the price and expect you to get prosper with it. Nah.

Why am I so furious about this particular burger? As a matter of fact I'm not, but the Prosperity Burger "promotion" this year is like a scam on the loose (at least to my standard).

First and foremost, I suspect that the marketing guys in McDonald are doing their best not to let you (consumers) know about the price until you actually queue up at their counters and almost order the burger.

Check their website. Nothing stated about the price of Prosperity Burger but almost all other items are priced.

In their branch, there are stacks of Prosperity Burger brochures on the table. Taken one and read it and reveals nothing about the price.

Even the large dashboard at the back of the counter, the price is literally so small (Again, at least to my standard).

Secondly, I know that retail food prices are not regulated but RM18.88 for a burger set consists of a burger, a cup of carbonated drink and some fries..... It's an outrage. I rather go to Burger King. Yeah, that's right. I'm the consumer and I decide whether the restaurant and food is worthy my money. Boycott McDonald. At least I will for at least one calendar quarter. :p

At the end, I stepped out from McDonald shop and went to one kopitiam style restaurant and enjoyed my half-boiled eggs.



No comments: