Monday, March 06, 2006

Maxis Call Plan

After years stuck with overpriced prepaid call plan, I finally subscribed to the call package of the Malaysia biggest telecommunication company: Maxis. One of the motivations for this decision is the exponential increase of my phone bill amount in the last few months. Well, this is a little price to pay for mobile lifestyle and hopefully better customer services as well.

In Malaysia, there are 3 main Telco providers: Maxis, Telekom and DiGi (Ordered by the size of their customer base). Telekom is Malaysia's Government Linked Company (GLC) that handles the country public telephone system and the ISP that monopolized the broadband internet access. Telenor is DiGi's major shareholder, owning 61% of the company. However DiGi recent failure in securing a 3G license and the instability of the service coverage in some areas pull me off from even considering it at the first place. I don't want Telekom to monopolize my utility bills as well. So at the end, based on comments and reviews of my fellow colleagues and friends, I decided to give Maxis a shot and hope for a bull eye.


TheStar: DiGi down on failure to secure 3G spectrum

Maxis

Telekom: Celcom

DiGi

No comments: